This is my go-to daily chocolate fix. No sugar, just wonderful chocolatey goodness!
You’ll notice I don’t include measurements. Mostly because I fly by the seat of my pants when I mix this together, adding whatever goodness is in the fridge and strikes my fancy. I like to make this in my little Bullet blender – it makes a perfect one serving size that way.
Layer into blender:
- About 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 or one whole banana
- handful of frozen blueberries
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of almond butter
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of raw cacao/cocoa
- 10 oz (or more) unsweetened almond milk
- handful of spinach leaves or other greens (you won’t even taste them, I promise!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 frozen or fresh avocado (makes it lusciously thick and creamy)
- scoop of egg white protein powder for added protein
Blend and ENJOY!
Variations & Update: Doggone it! My recent blood test shows high triglycerides and I therefore must be more careful about my fruit intake. Bananas (my daily favorite) are a no-go for awhile because of their high glycemic content. So, I substituted half an apple and this was almost as good as the original!