This whole sugar is bad for my brain, sugar will make me dumb, and sugar will kill me knowledge is definitely a cross to bear sometimes. I mean, whatever happened to enjoying that sugar fix from time to time? Here’s what I tell myself every time I just want that cookie, dammit!
- It’s just one. One won’t hurt.
- I only eat sugar on the weekends or when I’m with friends.
- I’m kinda stressed right now, I need it to take the edge off – it makes me feel so much better.
- I don’t have a problem. I mean, I’m not that overweight.
- It’s not that big a deal. I can quit whenever I want.
So, I was at a party and ate a glorious looking homemade chocolate chip cookie.
And it tasted terrible.
No, really. Not because it wasn’t baked with love. Because my taste buds have changed.
So the next time you hear me talking about sugar like I’m a typical drug addict, gently remind me of this post and my quest for better health. Because in the end, I want to be the 85 year old grandma playing with my great grandkids in the park, and not the one they visit every month in the old folks’ home.